Apply for a license as a financial investment broker

Service Description

As a financial investment broker, you broker certain financial products to customers or advise customers on them, for which you generally receive a commission from the provider of the financial product. As a financial investment broker, you are restricted to certain financial products and activities by a so-called exemption from the German Banking Act. The license covers (optionally) three product categories:

  • Units or shares in domestic open-endedinvestment funds, open-ended EU investment fundsor foreign open-ended investment funds that aredistributed in accordance with the German Investment Codeare permitted
  • Units or shares in domestic closed-end investment fundsinvestment funds, closed-end EU investment funds or foreign closed-end investment fundsclosed-end investment funds that may be distributed in accordance with theInvestment Code may be distributed
  • Investments

Permission may be granted to a natural person or a legal entity. Partnerships such as the civil law partnership (GbR), the general partnership (OHG) or the limited partnership (KG) cannot be granted permission. In these cases, each managing partner must apply for their own permit.

In addition to obtaining a license, you must also be entered in the register of intermediaries immediately after commencing your activities.

Your license may be restricted in terms of content or subject to conditions if this is necessary to protect the general public or investors.

You cannot work as a fee-based financial investment advisor at the same time.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.