Motor vehicle registration - registering a motor vehicle with a foreign license plate from an EU country for temporary participation in road traffic in Germany

Service Description

You may temporarily participate in traffic in Germany with a motor vehicle that is registered in another member state of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. This temporary use is limited in time up to one year.

Exceptions or special regulations apply, for example, to work machines, forklifts, vehicles for agricultural and forestry purposes, light and small motorcycles, ambulances, four-wheeled light motor vehicles and special trailers.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.