Applying for a settlement permit for spouses with independent right of residence

Service Description

If you hold a residence permit for the purpose of spouse reunification (Section 28 or Section 30 of the Residence Act) and your marriage or civil partnership has ended or you already have an independent right of residence for spouses (Section 31 (1) or (2) of the Residence Act), you can obtain a permanent residence permit (so-called settlement permit) under certain conditions.

The settlement permit is an independent right of residence, independent of the original purpose of residence. This means that the residence status of your former spouse or partner is irrelevant for your continued stay in Germany if you have received the settlement permit. The settlement permit entitles you to pursue gainful employment and is unrestricted in terms of time and place.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.