Catering trade, apply for a permit for a special occasion

Service Description

If you would like to operate a catering business that requires a permit and serves alcohol as part of a temporary event (e.g. funfair, town festival, shooting festival) or for another temporary reason (e.g. canteen on the occasion of a major construction site), you can apply for a temporary permit (permission) under simplified conditions. The permit is revocable.

Permission is also required if you have a traveling trade license. Conversely, you do not require a traveling trade license for a specific event if you already have a permit for this (§ 55a Para. 1 No. 7 GewO).

If you wish to regularly participate in a certain recurring event with your catering business (e.g. an annual public festival), there is generally an alternative to repeatedly applying for a permit. If there are no changes to the premises or the type of operation of your business, a permanent permit can be considered. However, the granting of such a permit does not mean anything about the allocation of a stand at the respective event.

As a permit is only granted for the duration of a specific event, i.e. for a limited period of time, it is subject to less stringent conditions than the granting of a permanent restaurant permit.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.