Change surnames of expellees, late repatriates, their spouses or descendants

Service Description

As a displaced person or late repatriate, you, your spouse or your descendants can discard components of your previous name if these are not customary in Germany. You can also adopt the original form of a modified name. This applies to names that have been modified according to gender or relationship.

Furthermore, you can also adopt German-language forms of your first or family name. If such German-language forms do not exist, you can also adopt new given names.

If you are married, you can also determine a common family name or adopt your family name in a German translation.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.