Create consent form for minors travelling without guardians

Service Description

If a child is travelling abroad unaccompanied by his or her parents or one of the parents, he or she should be provided with an informal
the required identification documents, an informal consent form should be given to the child. This
must state that the legal guardian(s) agrees to the trip abroad.

The consent form should contain the following information:

  • Personal details of the child,
  • personal details and contact details of the legal guardian(s),
  • travel route and
  • if applicable, the personal details of the accompanying adult(s).

If the child's name is different, he/she should also submit a copy of his/her

  • of his/her birth certificate and
  • of the identity card of the legal guardian(s).

should be carried along.

Depending on the country of destination,

  • signatures on the consent form must be notarized,
  • the consent form must be translated into the language of the destination country,
  • a translated court order for custody is required.

You can have the translations done at a translation agency of your choice.

Note: Some countries do not allow children travelling with only one custodial parent to enter the country without a declaration of consent from the other custodial parent.

You will also find special information on individual countries in the travel and safety information of the German Foreign Office.
Office. For further information on the respective regulations of the country of destination, you can also contact the
competent mission in the Federal Republic of Germany.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.