Motor vehicle registration - re-registering a motor vehicle

Service Description

If you have moved to another registration district, you must re-register your vehicle immediately.

If you wish to keep the previous license plate on your registered vehicle, you can do so nationwide. The change of address will then only be made in your vehicle documents (registration certificate Part I).

If you do not wish to make use of the license plate transfer, you still have the option of applying for a new license plate. Additional fees will be charged for a personalized license plate.

You must re-register your vehicle immediately at the local registration office in whose district you have your:

  • Main residence,
  • place of business or
  • your place of business.

If you move within the administrative district, you do not have to re-register your vehicle. However, you must present the registration certificate Part I to the registration authority to correct the address.

If your vehicle has a fine dust sticker, this may become invalid due to new license plates. If you want to drive in environmental zones and do not have an exemption permit, you should also apply for a new fine particulate sticker when you re-register.

Note:Vehicles can be registered to private individuals and legal entities or companies as vehicle owners, i.e. also to:

  • Companies,
  • authorities or
  • associations.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.