Licensing of dentists from third countries

Service Description

In order to work as a dentist in Germany, you need a license to practice. Approbation is the state license to practice the profession. The license to practice is necessary because the profession is regulated in Germany. This means that you are not allowed to work independently as a dentist without a license to practice.

You can also obtain a license to practice in Germany with a professional qualification from a so-called third country. Third countries are all countries that do not belong to the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

You will be granted a license to practice by the competent authority if your dental training is equivalent to German training. Equivalence is checked in the recognition procedure.

You must also meet other requirements to be granted a license to practice. For example, you must be in good health and have the necessary language skills.

If your professional qualification comes from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, other regulations apply.

You can also apply for the procedure from abroad.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.