Advance maintenance payment Communicate changes

Service Description

For the entire period of benefit receipt, you must notify the maintenance advance office of any important changes.
You must notify all changes that may be important for the entitlement or about which you have made statements in connection with the advance maintenance payment.

You must report the changes no later than 14 days.

Examples of changes:

  • Your child no longer lives with you
  • You move house.
  • You get married.
  • You move in with the other parent.
  • The other parent pays child support again or wants to pay child support again.
  • You become aware of the previously unknown whereabouts of the other parent.
  • The other parent has died.
  • The child has died.
  • The child no longer attends school.
  • The child who no longer attends school has a change in income (because, for example, the amount of the education allowance changes).

Notifications to other authorities are not sufficient.

An intentional or negligent violation of these obligations is a misdemeanor and may be prosecuted or fined. In addition, benefits paid may be reclaimed.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found