Service Description

For operation on public roads, only an operating license and an insurance plate are required for the following motor vehicles:

  • Small motorcycles, such as mopeds and mopeds, which have an engine capacity of no more than 50 cm3 and do not travel faster than 45 km/h.
  • Electric bicycles with pedal assistance at speeds above 25 km/h or pedal-independent motor assistance above 6 km/h up to max. 45 km/h.
  • Segways and similar mobility aids with an electric drive and a maximum speed of up to 20 km/h.
  • Quads and trikes with a maximum speed of up to 45 km/h determined by their design and a maximum cubic capacity of 50 cm3.
  • E-scooters with an operating license and a maximum speed of 45 km/h.
  • Motorized ambulance chairs
  • Mopeds and mopeds from GDR production with a maximum speed of up to 60 km/h that were already insured before 01.03.1992.

The insurance license plate proves that motor vehicle liability insurance exists for the respective motor vehicle in the corresponding insurance year.

The insurance license plate is issued directly by the motor vehicle insurers. It is valid for one insurance year from March 1st to the end of February of the following year.

The insurance license plate consists of a plate with a unique identification number, the traffic year and the symbol of the responsible association of motor vehicle insurers. If no association is responsible, the plate bears the symbol of the insurer.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

Competent Authority

Landratsamt Saale-Holzland-Kreis - KFZ-Zulassung

Claußstraße 3
07607 Eisenberg

Postal address
Post office box 1310
07602 Eisenberg
036691 115
Remark: Service Center
036691 70-760
Opening times

Monday 08:30 - 12:00
Tuesday 08:30 - 12:00, 13:30 - 15:30
Wednesday 08:30 - 12:00
Thursday 08:30 - 12:00, 13:30 - 17:30
Friday 08:30 - 12:00

A personal visit is only possible by prior appointment.
For this purpose, please use non-contact methods (telephone, mail, fax, e-mail, motor vehicle online service) to communicate with our office.

Transport connection
Building access