Request liquor license

Service Description

You would like to serve alcoholic beverages? A liquor license is required for this.

Only the serving of non-alcoholic beverages is exempt from this requirement. A liquor license is also required if alcoholic beverages are not offered within a purely gastronomic operation, but as an ancillary service to another business operation (e.g. serving alcoholic beverages as part of a sales transaction - refreshment bar in a department store; serving food to increase sales of alcoholic beverages).

If you intend to limit the serving of alcoholic beverages to a certain period of time (e.g. summer season, Christmas season, etc.), you can apply for a temporary liquor license.

The permit to serve alcoholic beverages is always issued for a specific type of operation (e.g. pub, discotheque, etc.) and for specific premises.

If you want to serve alcoholic beverages on special occasions (e.g. city festivals, shooting festivals, fairs and music events), you need a special permit, which you can obtain under simplified conditions. For this purpose, you must submit an "Application for Temporary Permission to Operate a Restaurant".

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found