Report loss of own identity card

Service Description

As a German citizen, you are required to have an identity card from the age of 16. You must report the loss of your identity card immediately to a citizens' registration office or to the police. If you do not do this, you are acting irregularly. When you report it to the Citizen's Office, you can apply for a new identity card at the same time.
When you report the loss, the online ID card function is also blocked. This ensures that any attempt at misuse is detected immediately. After the blocking, it is not possible to use the online ID card function of your ID card, nor to have its data read out from your smartphone (Smart-eID).
You can only have the signature function blocked by the provider of your signature certificate.
After notification, you can apply for a new ID card. If you have a valid passport, you do not need to apply for a new ID card.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found